Sunday, December 18, 2016

#9 TED Talk



Education is not for grades

1. What's variable is when and how long a student actually has to work on something, and what's fixed is that they actually master the material.

2. You should have grit; you should have perseverance; you should take agency over your learning.

3.And in a lot of ways, this is how you would master a lot of things in life.

4.And in a lot of ways, this is how you would master a lot of things in life.

5.When you get something wrong, embrace it -- view that failure as a moment of learning

The content of this talk is about learning.  I think we should have a thought that you have to strengthen your basis whatever you learn.  Thus, you will be willing to learn anything at the first time.  I want to share some experience with you.  I have learned math for over a decade.  Every time I did some math topics, however some bad feeling came to many mind.  That is because when I was child I a lot of math topics and I even don't know how to do.  From then on, I hated to do any practice about math.     

1 comment:

  1. But as a business majored student, you still have many math related courses, right? Try, maybe, you'll like it someday. As you said, it's important to have a good base. Try to see what you can improve you "base" on math. Good luck, Betty.

    ReplyDelete